MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
Reactions: Matteus

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Bummer she was pregnant. Is this a smaller species of shark?

dredcon

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2006
Thibodaux, LA
Bummer she was pregnant. Is this a smaller species of shark?
Yeah they max out at 6 feet which seems pretty big when you are pulling it out of a net They tend die pretty quickly in a gillnet unfortunately as compared to the bull sharks we normally catch. The bulls can normally be worked up and released live and very angry.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
NICE! I've been trying to encourage people to keep native marine species for years with very little success .

That redspotted sunfish, was it flushed into saltwater? (Sorry not familiar with all the areas).

I also have a question regarding yellowspotted seatrout: can they venture into fresh water as adults?

dredcon

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2006
Thibodaux, LA
NICE! I've been trying to encourage people to keep native marine species for years with very little success .

That redspotted sunfish, was it flushed into saltwater? (Sorry not familiar with all the areas).

I also have a question regarding yellowspotted seatrout: can they venture into fresh water as adults?
Yes the redspotted sunfish was washed offshore, maybe from the Mississippi River. I don't know about the yelliwspotted seatrout I'll have to do some research.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store