a little help about a fish

oscar1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2005
just recentley aquired a fish called a water cow don't know much about them like how big will they get what are they feeding on mostly and life expec. on them? i was told he would eat just about anything by the person but i've never seen him eat yet ? well any help would be appreciated.

Nate_N_Nicole

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2005
Flat Rock, Mi
Water cows are truley cows they get huge actual size I'm not sure but i've seen them well over 12 inches and I would stimulize his feedings with some feeder fish then try other things... hopefully that will work :thumbsup:

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
If it's Eleotris picta, it'll hit about 17" and is capable of eating fish up tp 2/3 its own size. If it's Oxyeleotris marmoratus, it'll reach about 30" and have the same eating ability as a picta. Do a google search for pics to compare yours to. In the 70s, the nile perch (Lates sp) was sold under the name 'water cow". If this is the case here, start the bulldozer up and start digging that pond you're going to need for it.

oscar1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2005
feeders seem to be working well he's eating hooray!!!!! feeder goldfish 2/3 his size like u said oddball. thanks to all for the great info i'll ley you all know what breed he is and phurhaps pics of the cute little guy.

wism_chan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2005
SG
wondering how it looks like....never heard before....
any Bro keen to post the picture of the fish ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store