Aba aba knife fish feeding

Shaik jr

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2022
I bought a 3-4inch aba aba yesterday and its not taking any feed its almost 28hrs and its still not taking any feed...what should i feed him?? He is always hiding... Not attacking not trying to get any feed...i tried feeder shrimps feeder fishes and small pieces of frozen shrimp and no use...do they eat only bloodworms as bloodworms are rarely available here!!! Please help

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I’d give it time and not worry. Still likely settling into its new tank. I’d try an earthworm or live black worms. Can try the bloodworms.

Trouser Bark

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2022
This may seem odd but I rarely feed a new-to-me fish the first day I get it home. Almost never.

My experience has been that the more unusual the fish is the more likely the food won't be eaten and instead will just be an ammonia spike it doesn't need.

Reactions: Simonas and jjohnwm

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
This may seem odd but I rarely feed a new-to-me fish the first day I get it home. Almost never.

My experience has been that the more unusual the fish is the more likely the food won't be eaten and instead will just be an ammonia spike it doesn't need.
Not unusual at all; I usually wait at least a couple days before trying.

Threads like this..."OMG, it's been almost 28 hours!!!"... :shakehead:duh:

Shaik jr

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2022
Ohh come on guys i know well about the feeding habit actually what i meant is its not eating at all even after 3 days...but i found the solution that when its about 3-4 inches it only takes bloodworms 🥲🥲🥲🥲

Reactions: Simonas

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
I bought a 3-4inch aba aba yesterday and its not taking any feed its almost 28hrs and its still not taking any feed...what should i feed him?? He is always hiding... Not attacking not trying to get any feed...i tried feeder shrimps feeder fishes and small pieces of frozen shrimp and no use...do they eat only bloodworms as bloodworms are rarely available here!!! Please help
I used night crawlers to get my pom pom knife eating

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store