Aba Aba Knife Fish Live Feeding

DRUKENMUNKY

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2018
My aba aba shares its tank with a p Niger and a 13 inch Oscar...added the Oscar 3 months ago and so far so good.....he dis eat a 13 inch tire track eel tho.....aba is 18 inches

Krismo962

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2020
my house!!
So if I lived in the UK and If I were to feed a live fish to another fish the cops would be knocking on my door? I find that hard to believe.
Beautiful fish.
Can’t see why anyone would think it right or necessary to feed live fish. Thankfully it’s illegal here in the UK.

AaronKWolfe

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2019
So if I lived in the UK and If I were to feed a live fish to another fish the cops would be knocking on my door? I find that hard to believe.
I believe it's classified as animal cruelty or neglect or something like that. I doubt you'd get in trouble unless it was reported, though. I don't really feel one way or another towards live feeders. Nutritionally, they definitely aren't necessary, as far as I know nutritional value doesn't change much between live vs frozen food. The only time it might be necessary is if you have a wild caught fish that won't eat frozen food. Frozen silversides are caught in a net and left to suffocate on the deck of the boat which could take a bit of time. If a fish is fed to a predator it often dies pretty much instantly being crushed to death or torn apart. Ethics aside, there's really nothing wrong with live feeders (depending on what it is related to thiaminase) as long as they are disease and parasite free.

DRUKENMUNKY

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2018
Mines main diet is Hikari floatingvpellets and tilapia...they are not too hard to get off live imo

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store