About gonad

kancot666

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2017
How to know my channa has ready for breee or not, i hv pulchra with 25cm up, and pairing 2 time spawning, but i dont know how to know my pulcra is ready? Wht i must see

Gazham

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2014
England
Have they had fry before and you can't get them to breed again?
It might help to lower the water temperature to 15°c for a few months to trigger breeding.

kancot666

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2017
Have they had fry before and you can't get them to breed again?
It might help to lower the water temperature to 15°c for a few months to trigger breeding.
I ask how to see the gonad ready or not, i can lowering temporary tht temperature, maybe 3 month i can, but how to see my channa rede or not?

Gazham

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2014
England
I don't think you can see any reproductive organs, only mating rituals.
The females belly should be visibly larger with eggs.
Here's a video I found on YouTube of spawning.
As they get nearer spawning, they will practice the moves with each other

kancot666

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hv
I don't think you can see any reproductive organs, only mating rituals.
The females belly should be visibly larger with eggs.
Here's a video I found on YouTube of spawning.
As they get nearer spawning, they will practice the moves with each other
If i see tht video, my belly fish like this, but how about tht male,? Or other way to see mature gonad? Maybe like a catfish can be see on tht reproduction organ

Gazham

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2014
England
I assume by 'gonad' you are referring to the male snakeheads reproductive organ? I don't think it's possible to see male reproductive organs on snakeheads, that's one reason why they can be difficult to identify as male or female. Im not even sure if its visible during mating, some one correct me if I'm wrong on that. The only thing know you can do is try to recreate breeding conditions and hope for the best.

kancot666

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2017
Like me sir, i can id the snakehead from the other method, head, fin and color, if ready breed i just try to breeding and breeding, until they hv ready, any expert maybe have some trick to view snakehead ready for brees or not, ols explain us

Madou

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2013
Belgique
As far as I know, you can't see it.
Size is the only indicator, and you need a bonded pair.

Even if they're ready, if the pair hasn't chosen each other from younger age, it won't get anywhere.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store