What are you feeding that he spits out?

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Frozen bloodworms live brineshrimp
while i know your puffer is small, have you thought of trying other meaty foods or maybe trying to train your puffer onto pellets?

Reactions: Yayo32 and tlindsey

Yayo32

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2017
Is Fish Bendazole (Fenbendazole
Any good, it's what my lfs recommends

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
What would you recommend
With food items, mine used to accept the small Hikari Massivore Pellets and 3mm NLS pellets at the beginning when i was pellet training her (when she was around 3-5”)...

for meaty food, i used to defrost either one frozen mussel / clam / prawn and let her peck away at as much as she could eat before removing the rest... This usually meant feeding those foods by holding onto them with tongs or long planted tank tweezers so she wouldnt accidentally bite my finger or look at my fingers as food in the future...

Is Fish Bendazole (Fenbendazole
Any good, it's what my lfs recommends
as for the medicine, kno4te kno4te might be better at answering what meds from US are suitable for fish as i live in Asia...

But if i remember correctly, i think the one you mentioned is one of the dewormers people use, just make sure to start with half dose as scaleless fish can be a bit more sensitive to meds than scaled fish...

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Febendazole is a good dewormer. Would dose at half strength and monitor.

Yayo32

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2017
With food items, mine used to accept the small Hikari Massivore Pellets and 3mm NLS pellets at the beginning when i was pellet training her (when she was around 3-5”)...

for meaty food, i used to defrost either one frozen mussel / clam / prawn and let her peck away at as much as she could eat before removing the rest... This usually meant feeding those foods by holding onto them with tongs or long planted tank tweezers so she wouldnt accidentally bite my finger or look at my fingers as food in the future...

as for the medicine, kno4te kno4te might be better at answering what meds from US are suitable for fish as i live in Asia...

But if i remember correctly, i think the one you mentioned is one of the dewormers people use, just make sure to start with half dose as scaleless fish can be a bit more sensitive to meds than scaled fish...
Thank you I'll keep it in mind when I'm at the lfs or seafood section at the market.

Reactions: Fat Homer

Yayo32

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2017
Febendazole is a good dewormer. Would dose at half strength and monitor.
Do you defrost frozen bloodworms first or just sprinkle the bendazole on for 30mins before feeding?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store