Acrylic Creations Fish tank Company reviews?

Ocean Railroader

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2010
Richmond VA
I'm looking at the possibility of buying a new acrylic fish tank considering I'm not going to be wrestling with a 200 gallon glass tank. And outside of this one possible thing on Cherglist. The large fish tank selection on Cherglist is pretty horrible in my area with most tanks barely reaching 55 gallons and most used tanks being over priced. I'm currently looking at the possibility of having a fish tank company build me a new fish tank to fit into this odd space set up I have in my house.

So with this set has anyone ever bought a large fish tank from this company in Pennsyvinia called Acrylic Creations? Such as how where the quality of the tanks and did they bow and how long have a lot of them lasted? Also could anyone show me what they look like with fish and water in them?

axs377

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA
Quality as far as looks is good imo. No bowing in my 320+. It did however blow a seam at about 8 months of ownership. Not sure if it was my fault or the builder's. He did give me advice on repairing it and it's now up and running.

20160328_082529.jpg

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Quality as far as looks is good imo. No bowing in my 320+. It did however blow a seam at about 8 months of ownership. Not sure if it was my fault or the builder's. He did give me advice on repairing it and it's now up and running.

View attachment 1173975
Only 8 months and he didn't warranty it?

axs377

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA
Well, not exactly. I'm thinking if the suggested repair didn't work, he may have though who knows. The tanks don't have a warranty that I'm aware of. In some ways I can't blame him since he doesn't have a way to verify it was transported properly or that the stand it was on is ok. However the price difference to me was worth the gamble...with a larger tank...maybe not

Freshwater4Life

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2015
VB
If your actually serious about getting a bigger tank. Just save your money and buy from a company in the states that others on here have used or from a place where you can inspect it yourself before purchase.

Ocean Railroader

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2010
Richmond VA
If I did buy a tank from this company I would drive there and pick it up in person.

I'm getting really depressed with the cherglist list tanks.

axs377

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA
I did pick mine up in person as well. Again if you're going under 300, I'd risk it for the price difference. What area are you in, I'd be happy to let you come over and look at my tank in person

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
I would highly recommend you call midwest customs. http://www.midwestcustomaquariums.com/

Several members here can attest to their quality and durability. The damage to your house a large tank can cause is catastrophic. Flooring, electrical, paint and dry wall, it could be way more expensive than you realize to repair that much damage if you don't work in the building trades and see quotes for that stuff regularly.

Why risk that to save a few hundred dollars on a once in 20 years tank?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store