Active fish that won't get eaten by an ornate bichir.

samtoney45

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2021
Hello all, I am looking for some active freshwater fish that will not get eaten by my ornate bichir in the near future. It's around 6 inches right now and isnt really a threat to anything, but I understand that that will change rather quickly. I have a planted tank, and would prefer fish that would not destroy my plants. Any help at all is appreciated. I'm currently thinking about an elephant nose fish, but I'm not sure of anything yet.

Reactions: tlindsey

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
I have an ornate about 6 inches they do get big so any fish that fit in their mouths can get eaten I have a 9 inch senegal and I am sure it ate a 2.5 inch convict some years back as the convict vanished one night so they cant be trusted. wide bodied fish are harder to eat.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
active freshwater fish that will not get eaten by my ornate bichir in the near future. It's around 6 inches right now and isnt really a threat to anything, but I understand that that will change rather quickly
Agree with bathawk bathawk that fish must be large enough to not be eaten. Had Ornate Bichir that grew over 17 inches. The most active fish I have with larger bichir are Spotted Silver Dollars.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store