Adding gold wolf

Marximus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2021
www.youtube.com
Good point. When playing with expensive predators it’s best to play it safe and ask first. Both are rare, expensive fish and it would be a shame for something to happen to either of them.
Aimara...that got me thinking about who would win, an aimara or a GATF (pure curiosity no plans on trying this)?
I have a friend who has a vitattus with and a full grown curupira And some other pbass looking fish ( not good with names) and its been working..the vitattus is maybe around 16-18” but they grew up from juvies together..he has an aimara but its small and kept solo

fishy_123

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2008
home
How about a gold wolf with a curu in a 5x2? Thoughts? Marximus Marximus seems yours get along fine?

Marximus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2021
www.youtube.com
How about a gold wolf with a curu in a 5x2? Thoughts? Marximus Marximus seems yours get along fine?
Just them? well thing is u have to have funds... the problem with them is some are very aggressive some are not. If ur willing to spend money and time to perfect pair/group then it will work.. ive gone through buy and selling wolves just to get ones that are tolerant to other species. That tank size is good tho :)..and always have a backup tank.. mine are getting along now.. but i dont know if they would when they get full grown. wolves become more territorial as they age.

Reactions: Deadeye

fishy_123

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2008
home
I see.. So its really hit or miss huh.. I really want that gold wolf, maybe a year before I see one again. Yeah I guess I have no choice but to setup another tank. All my backups and growout tanks are still occupied ? Thanks for the advice bro!

Marximus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2021
www.youtube.com
I see.. So its really hit or miss huh.. I really want that gold wolf, maybe a year before I see one again. Yeah I guess I have no choice but to setup another tank. All my backups and growout tanks are still occupied ? Thanks for the advice bro!
no problem bro..just my opinion but if i were u since u already have a vittatus. i”ll just get 2 more and grow a trio of vittatus in one tank.. then just get a bigger tank few years down the road.. those guys are nastyy. solo vitattus is my next project. And if u really want that gold just get a 40 gallon for it..or a 75g.

fishy_123

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2008
home
no problem bro..just my opinion but if i were u since u already have a vittatus. i”ll just get 2 more and grow a trio of vittatus in one tank.. then just get a bigger tank few years down the road.. those guys are nastyy. solo vitattus is my next project. And if u really want that gold just get a 40 gallon for it..or a 75g.
That was my original plan bro! I have 3 vitts, at first it was going well, but I dunno one day the skirmishes got really nasty to the point that I needed to separate. Biggest one was left in the 7 foot tank. I have 2 divided in a 5x2.
Here they are when they were in 50 gal growout
1619619691126.png

Marximus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2021
www.youtube.com
That was my original plan bro! I have 3 vitts, at first it was going well, but I dunno one day the skirmishes got really nasty to the point that I needed to separate. Biggest one was left in the 7 foot tank. I have 2 divided in a 5x2.
Here they are when they were in 50 gal growout
View attachment 1458834
Damn.. that sucks. how big are they?Yeah man same thing with wolves. aggressive fish is always hit or miss.. i want one but i only have a 4 foot tank empty.. idk if thats good enough for 1 till it grows to a foot

fishy_123

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2008
home
Damn.. that sucks. how big are they?Yeah man same thing with wolves. aggressive fish is always hit or miss.. i want one but i only have a 4 foot tank empty.. idk if thats good enough for 1 till it grows to a foot
About 4” when I got em, around 6” now. Yeah agree with that.. Well they grow pretty slow anyways so maybe you could get away with it

Marximus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2021
www.youtube.com
About 4” when I got em, around 6” now. Yeah agree with that.. Well they grow pretty slow anyways so maybe you could get away with it
Thanks.. the vatf I’m planning on getting is tiny..only about 2.5”.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store