Adonis Pleco,

WOLF2013

Banned
MFK Member
May 2, 2018
Lake Worth Florida
www.youtube.com
I am getting an adonis pleco tomorrow. I've always wanted one but had hard time tracking them.I finally found a decent 4-5'' one and scooped him up. I know they can be aggressive towards other plecos, but has anyone been successful in keeping them with other plecos? I want to keep him with my sailfin pleco, my common pleco, three beacon pleco, vampire, L200, and other plecos eventually. Also what should I feed the adonis?
Thanks

Reactions: Justin Holland

Justin Holland

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2016
MARYLAND
They'll eat pretty much anything you throw in. The aggression usually starts at sexual maturity, from what I gather. I have 2 young juveniles. This is the largest one. The other is about an inch or so smaller. 20191129_210847.jpg

Reactions: BigShawn

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
They can’t do much at that size. Just have to watch them when they get bigger but that’ll take a very long time. If they fight, they’ll do so with plecos their size. They eat anything...omnivores

Dom84

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2018
My brother-in-law bought a pleco at a LFS the other day labeled as a "Mama pleco", which I never heard of before. According to some google searches and similarity with online photos, turns out it might be an "Adonis pleco", which supposedly get pretty big.

Justin Holland

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2016
MARYLAND
My brother-in-law bought a pleco at a LFS the other day labeled as a "Mama pleco", which I never heard of before. According to some google searches and similarity with online photos, turns out it might be an "Adonis pleco", which supposedly get pretty big.
Any photos?

Dom84

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2018
The one he bought looks a lot smaller than the one in your photo... like the size of a finger. I'll try to get a photo the next time I'm over at his house.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store