Adult Piranha Identification

fyriskung

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2007
Sweden
Hello!

I would be very grateful if someone could help me with a exact identification and if possibly also likely catch site of my new serrasalmus.

I bought the fish two weeks ago by a private person in Sweden, according to him, it is guaranteed a rhom but the eyes are not red, maybe a little pink. He also said that the trader was serious and had stated that the fish is a rohm, I know what company he acted it from and it's usually serious.

Unfortunately I only have a poor image of the fish, but I can get more if needed.

Today “he” is about 9-in.

I will be very grateful for answers!

fyriskung

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2007
Sweden
Hello!

I would be very grateful if someone could help me with a exact identification and if possibly also likely catch site of my new serrasalmus.

I bought the fish two weeks ago by a private person in Sweden, according to him, it is guaranteed a rhom but the eyes are not red, maybe a little pink. He also said that the trader was serious and had stated that the fish is a rohm, I know what company he acted it from and it's usually serious.

Unfortunately I only have a poor image of the fish, but I can get more if needed.

Today “he” is about 9-in.

I will be very grateful for answers!
Could my fish be a xingu rhom?

I think he looks like the fish in this thread:
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?548263-Xingu-Rhoms

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
Looks like a red bellied piranha to me. Just a bit washed out. Will probably color up in a few days once it's settled in.

Eskimo_Edd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2020
Would this be considered a black mask Elong.? First two picture's is of how it looks now and the third picture is what it looked like when I first got it a week ago. I'm surprised how quickly it packed on weight. Thanks!
20230414_180715.jpg20230414_180836.jpg20230409_210706.jpg

Last edited:

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Think it’s a black mask elongatus.

Reactions: Eskimo_Edd
zoomed.com