Advice on ropefish setup?

SobaNoodle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 30, 2018
Hi all,

I know they’re not technically monsters, but I trust the advice here more than the other forums I’ve been on.

My current setup is a 55gallon truvu with an integrated sump filter. It was a cheap craigslist find with substandard thickness and it has recently developed a lot of crazing and a cracked looking patch on a seam that have me worried. I am looking into buying a new glass tank replacement.

I have 3 rope fish, a medusa pleco, and 2 panda garras in the tank. I live in a tiny studio, so downsizing to a 3-ft tank is really appealing. Do you think the ropefish could be ok in a standard 45 gallon? I am also considering a 60 gallon, for the extra volume but it would have that 4ft footprint. Either way I will be getting a sunsun 370 gph canister filter and including low light plants.

Thanks in advance!

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
They’d do better in the 60g. If u can get bigger then do so. They’re active swimmers.

Reactions: twentyleagues

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I agree with kno4te kno4te .

Id suggest a minimum of a 75g standard. A longer tank would be preferable though like 6'. The ropefish get quite long actually and do move around alot also. My big female is probably 18" and more then 1/2" in diameter.

Reactions: kno4te
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store