Aerial View Water Change

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Trying not to drop my phone while filming, LOL. Been doing over 80% WC as of late and liking the results. Since tank is well established. The water stays clearer longer and water parameters are to my liking :) Great way to view your polys head shape.

20170324_123027.jpg

[MEDIA]
[MEDIA]

[MEDIA]
[MEDIA]

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Glad to see the fin level wc's catching on. Been doing it for a few yrs no ill effects

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Glad to see the fin level wc's catching on. Been doing it for a few yrs no ill effects
Ya, the large volume wc idea came from you. My logic that I considered is that if a bacterial bloom (Cloudy Water) arises. That means my Beneficial Bacteria is not up to par to combat with my current livestock. :) Which means I have to find the means to correct it, i.e. more media for BB production.

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Trying not to drop my phone while filming, LOL. Been doing over 80% WC as of late and liking the results. Since tank is well established. The water stays clearer longer and water parameters are to my liking :) Great way to view your polys head shape.

View attachment 1241733

[MEDIA]
[MEDIA]

[MEDIA]
[MEDIA]
how do you keep your the sand aerobic? I used to churn mine by hand, but that causes nitrite spikes?

they are so calm in the video! Very gentle polys. :)

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
how do you keep your the sand aerobic? I used to churn mine by hand, but that causes nitrite spikes?

I think the sand bed would have to be pretty deep to support anerobic bb

kno4te kno4te

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010

Thxs. Ya they are somewhat calm. Still get some splashes and wall banging here and there.

As for the dangers of anaerobic gases forming in the sand. Don't think it's of great concern unless it's extremely thick. I've had pfs b4 for years with no issues. This purple garnet is about 2.5" high. Don't forsee it becoming an issue either.

Once the polys get large enough. They'll create canals, craters, and bulldoze the top layer a bit. As for the nitrite spikes after churning the sand in your set up. I believe it may be a false reading if tested right after. Just wait for the debris to settle. You'll be fine without the 'churn'.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store