Aggressive Stocking ideas for a 75 gallon

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Anyone have any VERY aggressive stocking ideas for a 75 any and all suggestions are welcome thx
Green terror, firemouth cichlid, and a jack dempsey. Those are South American options that I had experience with but there are several others out there.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
I second a green terror. From my experience jack Dempseys are more laid back and not as active as green terrors.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
That I'm not sure of. I guess it would depend of the fish and what you keep with it.
Due to cycling issues when I first got my green terror I had to put it in a 10gl with 3 glofish tetras. She was only 1 1/2in at the time but killed one of the tetras.
Got her put back in the 75 fast forward to her being 5 1/5-6in now and a jack that is about 4in. I'm thinking the jack may have to go. The terror keeps the jack in a stump and only lets the jack out to eat. Then chases her back into the stump. The terror is also aggressive towards my pelcos.
I lost all my guppies to either the terror or the jack. Since the guppies slept up at the surface it made the easy targets.
That has been my experience so far.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Piranha are sissies generally. They eat well and so on but the smaller species suitable for this tank are not very aggressive afaik.

Reactions: J. H.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store