Albino Bichir not eating

Dredd_3005

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2018
Got a new albino bichir about the size of 4-5”.Its been a week hes in a tank with some yellowlabs, a green parrot fish and a baby oscar whos actually a sweetheart.None of the fishes bully the bichir except for some random nips when he tries to go near the dominant yellow labs area otherwise its all peaceful.ive got a heater and water parameters are fine.. Ive tried freezedried bloodworms,cichlid pellets,goldfish pellets and store bought prawns/shrimps.He wont eat nothing what should i do ??

Jmahn

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2017
Scotland
probably still settling in ive seen fish go a couple of weeks without eating before the hunger gets the better of them lol id just keep a close eye make sure no signs of illness etc good luck

Reactions: Dredd_3005

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Would wait it out and it should eventually eat.

Reactions: Dredd_3005

Dredd_3005

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2018
Ha
probably still settling in ive seen fish go a couple of weeks without eating before the hunger gets the better of them lol id just keep a close eye make sure no signs of illness etc good luck
hahaah hopin the sem thing, just wanna make sure he doesnt starve, i gave an earthworm(washed and cleaned) and he gobbled it up like a hungry baby but sedly it aint a staple source in my garden

Dredd_3005

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2018
The
If its getting fin nip it might stress its and wont eat. Usually albino sen will eat after two days in the tank. They settle in fast compared to other bichirs.
the nips are rather rare like super rare cuz mist of my fishes have grown up together from fries and are accustomed to each other pretty well

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store