Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
ur lfs cat has a v shaped tail also

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
that's because the first pic is of a juvenile. Rayman's pic is of a sub-adult. The fish changes bodyshape significantly as it matures from a 3" specimen to a 2' specimen to a 4' specimen.

RockyGoldy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Singapore
piranha45 said:
that's because the first pic is of a juvenile. Rayman's pic is of a sub-adult. The fish changes bodyshape significantly as it matures from a 3" specimen to a 2' specimen to a 4' specimen.
Yes..i know this..but somehow got a gut feel its not the same cat....heard another keeper for the subject cat saying that his cat maxed out only to 7 incher after 1 yr of keeping!

yes, the tail shape looks diff too.

I will try to take closer and clearer pic when I pop by this lfs again..and see if we can spot more on this cat...

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
alb. bullhead?

RockyGoldy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Singapore
piranha45 said:
this link has multiple specimens at various sizes:
http://www.fishbase.org/Photos/ThumbnailsSummary.cfm?ID=290
Now from the pics of fishbase..i can say it is 90% a different cat now..the shape is sort of different...

not to worry..i will take some pics when i can..to see different angles esp the head portion...

or perhaps i need to buy this chap and put it in one of my tank now to take good pics? hehehe...

:idea:

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
buy take some pics and share the joy

RockyGoldy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Singapore
WckedMidas said:
buy take some pics and share the joy
But I will have serious problem if the one in subject doesnt grow and max out only to 7 inches....it will be hard for me to comm it with my other fishes..as they are all giants and 7 inchers sometime looks yummy...

ezman

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Singapore
RockyGoldy said:
But I will have serious problem if the one in subject doesnt grow and max out only to 7 inches....it will be hard for me to comm it with my other fishes..as they are all giants and 7 inchers sometime looks yummy...
bro, not to worry. If this araised, i will very glad to help you to take care of this fellow :grinyes: :lol2: :rofl:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store