Albino Red Tail Cat..Anyone?

RockyGoldy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Singapore
Yoz...

Just perhaps wan to pop the question if anyone has physically seen an albino RTC before? It is super rare at my side of the world and have seen some pics of it from Jap aquatic mags.

One thing to note that for albino RTCs..even though albino, they are still spotted with red color on their tails...at the rim of the tail.

hope to see a real adult specimen soon..someday...

:naughty:

ezman

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Singapore
RockyGoldy said:
Yoz...

Just perhaps wan to pop the question if anyone has physically seen an albino RTC before? It is super rare at my side of the world and have seen some pics of it from Jap aquatic mags.

One thing to note that for albino RTCs..even though albino, they are still spotted with red color on their tails...at the rim of the tail.

hope to see a real adult specimen soon..someday...

:naughty:
I agreed with u....other than seeing them on the Jap mag....i have not come across any of my fellow hobbists in SIN keeping the.........

Any MFk bros got any info/pics to share???

katfishguy

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
United States
most, if not all, of the pics u see on japanese mags are leucistic RTC's(black eyes instead of pink). I've never even seen a pic of an albino RTC, it is very very very rare !!

RockyGoldy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Singapore
katfishguy said:
most, if not all, of the pics u see on japanese mags are leucistic RTC's(black eyes instead of pink). I've never even seen a pic of an albino RTC, it is very very very rare !!
Think i have a pic of a red eye dude...i just need to dig it out from my pile of books... :headshake

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
katfishguy said:
u need one or 2 or .....

sleepyflight

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Of all god forsaken places I could've sworn they had one not for sale down here at one of the local shops.....May not have been a red though. Still looked nice....I've got a regular red tail channel though from my boss. He decided to get a waaaamburger and french cries and turn his only tank over to the friendly side, I also got a nice flowerhorn from him too :naughty:

RockyGoldy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Singapore
sleepyflight said:
Of all god forsaken places I could've sworn they had one not for sale down here at one of the local shops.....May not have been a red though. Still looked nice....I've got a regular red tail channel though from my boss. He decided to get a waaaamburger and french cries and turn his only tank over to the friendly side, I also got a nice flowerhorn from him too :naughty:
good stuff...

Some pics of that fish would be awesome man... :drool:

dirtydan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2005
California
I have only seen pics no real specimens you can probably buy one out of japan

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store