Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

james99

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
savannah,ga
The one's available are 1-1.5" , should I get 10 or more so that I could weed them out ?
And by when should I start weeding?
10 would be a good number. Keep an eye on anyone being overly aggressive or being constantly picked on. Theses are the ones to remove. The ones that are picked on alot will being hiding just under the water surface or behind the filter intake.

..puSkar..

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2020
10 would be a good number. Keep an eye on anyone being overly aggressive or being constantly picked on. Theses are the ones to remove. The ones that are picked on alot will being hiding just under the water surface or behind the filter intake.
Are the dark black lines on the dorsal a sign of males ? But I think I've seen them on some females too .
Should I go with a few rocks here and there? or load the tank with those ?

Reactions: Deadeye

DJRansome

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
New Jersey
Load the tank with rocks. Both males and females should have the black dorsal stripe, else you would suspect hybrids. Look for dark black stripes and clean yellow bodies.

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Would like to know a word from RD. RD. Joshuakahan Joshuakahan Milingu Milingu
Would like to know a word from RD. RD. Joshuakahan Joshuakahan Milingu Milingu
You could get away with a 40g, but IMO you would have to stock them so heavily to diffuse aggression that it wouldn’t be enjoyable. I think smaller/ less aggressive mbuna could work. a group of Labidochromis mbamba with some rock work would be awesome. You could also do a group of less aggressive vics in a 40g. I had a group of xmas fulu in a 40 and got lots of fry. By groups, I mean 1 male and 3-5 females

..puSkar..

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2020
you would have to stock them so heavily to diffuse aggression that it wouldn’t be enjoyable.
That's something I hate doing .
I'm thinking of going with a biotope like setup with maybe firemouths if not with a pair of convicts .
I'm a student and get very busy with studies and delay maintaince by a day or two sometimes. A densely stocked tank in such circumstances would not be a good idea. It's better I go with a lighter stock .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store