algae control

catfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2004
michigan
which would be better for getting rid of algae a common pleco or a chinese algae eater? im considering going to pick one of these up tommorow

sohfatfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
S'pore
Actually commom pleco also sometimes might not be very hard working. Ive had a few which just refuse to clean the tank for me and just eat the fish food meant for my other fish. In the end i still have to scrub the glass my self! :swear: But if you do find a hard working one it should clean up your tank nicely.

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
I have great results with common, gold and sailfin plecos. :)

jenBLKAROWANA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I have had all of them...chinese algae eaters...thats just a name...they actually like to just eat fish food, and SOME algae...but, the bristle nose pleco is an awsome algae eater! I have a 92 corner, was full of all kinds of the crap, green, brown...and she ate it all!!! She does a great job of keeping the tank really clean!
Hope this helps...
Jen

repair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Indy
:iagree:

I also have had good luck with a 5+" gold chinese alge eater. Looks like snake tracks on the glass durring a water change.

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Ive had more luck with plecos.

Just1nK4ng

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2005
Californa
catfish said:
which would be better for getting rid of algae a common pleco or a chinese algae eater? im considering going to pick one of these up tommorow
common pleco would be good like everyone says try to find a hard working one a bigg one will help too because the eat more

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store