America looks cooked

Rodders02

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2015
Perth, Australia
I know, I over exaggerated/was too judgmental. It does look very good in most parts, especially for fish keeping ;),just was a bit taken back by the film.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Watched some doco's today on US shootings etc and its insane. No offence but I don't think I'll be moving there anytime soon....
Hillary Clinton and Hussein are huge fans of the fact that you all have nearly no gun rights in your country....I'm glad that he is gone and that she did not get elected.

ShanerBock888

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2016
Warwick, NY
A documentary is just a small sample size; a magnifying glass that can take a small thing and pull it out of context. If not responsibly done it can seriously skew perception. Let's not forget that it's a very large country with a large number of major cities, but in between all those cities are miles and miles and miles of completely peaceful rural areas, and really most of our cities are peaceful too. The vast majority of us have never been exposed to murder or gun violence. I am 32 years old, having lived about half my life between three separate cities, and the other half in a rural town where EVERYONE owns at least one gun, and don't even know anyone that has been a victim of a shooting or even witnessed one.

If we watched an hour about violence in Australia (or most countries) we'd come away feeling like it was awful too. The same goes for watching an hour on AIDS, dislexia, drug use, or any negative thing taken out of context.

Reactions: MrBlueDream

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Watched some doco's today on US shootings etc and its insane. No offence but I don't think I'll be moving there anytime soon....
Hello; Not sure which film you saw, but let me speculate that the producers had an agenda. I guess this based on the comment you make - its insane. The anti gun folks will color things to suit their goal.
let me also speculate there was little, if any, coverage of the many times the use of a gun stopped a crime or saved a life. In many cases the gun does not have to be fired, sometimes just shown. I have my own story on that.

Here is a suggestion. Check out the rate of physical assaults since you country banned the majority of guns from most people. The reports I have searched out indicate the predators have taken advantage of all the soft targets. They appear to have figured out there is little chance of armed resistance so physical assaults on the weaker are more common.
Enjoy having the victim target pinned on you by your government.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store