American Gators

ZBT3091

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
This is a question to rayman45, who will probably find this in 3 minutes... -- What size tank are you keeping your 2 American Gators in? What do you plan on doing with them? What is their temperment? What do you feed? Any special requirements ... water condition?...Plants...?

DON PEDRO

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 8, 2005
So Cali
Well Im not rayman45 but i can answer some of those questions. I keep mine in a standard 60 gallon long. I plan to keep them until they get to be about 2 1/2 feet than giving it to my friend to throw into his pond. My American Alligators are very aggressive when inside the tank but when outside they still call out for their mother. I feed them small feeders every couple days, reptile pellets, frozen blood worms, crickets, and a mice once in a while just to watch them tear it apart. The only requirement is they need a heat lamp and a good filter. I have a couple live plants in mine but they dont seem to last too long. This is just my experience with my gators, I had them for about 8 months now and they are the main attraction to my tank. Plus, everyone that has seen them think they are so cool. :headbang2

Don Petro :cheers:

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
i keep them in a 75
im working out a bigger tank

i have a pond for them 10 x 4 x 3

and when they outgrow that there going with my friends dad

i love them there the coolest 2 animals outside my dog
i feed mine mostly mice and shrimp