Ammonia cannot be controlled

Poseidonfernandes

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2018
India
Hi everyone i have a 1500gallon pond rectangular in shape (15×5×3 feet). It has a roof over it so its not directly exposed to the sun. In it i have 2 gars, 1 shovel nose , 1 redtail, 3 albino pacu. All the fish are above 2ft and 2yrs being the oldest fish. It so happens i cannot handle the ammonia production in the pond. I build a filter but its not able to handle the waste that the fish produce. Can anyone help me build a filter which can handle that waste. All fish are perfectly fine and eating well. Filter media ceramic rings n sponge. How many kilograms of ceramic rings do i require for 1500gallon pond.

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
Can’t speak on the volume of media, but I’d say increase your flow to get waste off the floor of the pond. Give it a chance to get into the filters so it can be more easily removed with your filter cleanings. Add beneficial bacteria from bottles or established tanks to help reseed the filtration.

Poseidonfernandes

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2018
India
I made the filter looking at a video from youtube, so i dont know what kind of filter have i made. Its a 100ltr drum which is filled with ceramic rings at the bottom and sponge on top. Theres a pipe which enters the drum from the top and is extended to the bottom of the drum. So basically the drum fills from the bottom and overflows ontop. This is the filter

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
kendragon kendragon

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
I made the filter looking at a video from youtube, so i dont know what kind of filter have i made. Its a 100ltr drum which is filled with ceramic rings at the bottom and sponge on top. Theres a pipe which enters the drum from the top and is extended to the bottom of the drum. So basically the drum fills from the bottom and overflows ontop. This is the filter
Sounds like a skippy filter

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store