MFK Member
Feb 3, 2004
Twin Cities, MN

Adhlc

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Oh my god, look at that hump! Awesome fish. It's a shame more people don't keep these.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
I can never find them locally or else I would've been breeding these guys! Where'd you get yours

vinod_uthaiah

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 17, 2013
India , Bangalore
Been a minute since I have been on this forum. Have since down size to just two tanks, one with this guy and a smaller size one for some Convicts (what got me into the hobby).

11-12" male

Red Isletas 7-4-2016 (1 of 1) by Boon Lee, on Flickr

Red Isletas 7-4-2016 (2 of 2) by Boon Lee, on Flickr

Red Isletas 7-4-2016 (1 of 2) by Boon Lee, on Flickr

Ignorant as i am , i thought these were Flowerhorns... look at the hump on its head... what a gorgeous beast... is it alone in the tank

Mad About Cichlids

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2004
Twin Cities, MN
Very nice..
Thanks.

Do you still have Midas from you original line? The ones in your avatar?

Oh my god, look at that hump! Awesome fish. It's a shame more people don't keep these.
Thanks.

Easily my favorite Amphilophus species, I'm a sucker for the huge hump, flat face, and head different color from rest of the body.

I can never find them locally or else I would've been breeding these guys! Where'd you get yours
I believe guy I got mines from picked them up from one of the ACA conventions he attended. Locally I think there's only 3-4 of us keeping them at this time.

Ignorant as i am , i thought these were Flowerhorns... look at the hump on its head... what a gorgeous beast... is it alone in the tank
Never been a fan of FH/hybrids. Too many pure species of cichlids out there that I have not kept yet. He's in a 110g by himself.

I'm tempted to breed my guy with a female one of my brother has been don't want to risk messing up his fins.

Here's my brother's young pair.

Amphilophus Red Isletas 7-7-2016 (3 of 3) by Boon Lee, on Flickr

Amphilophus Red Isletas 7-7-2016 (2 of 3) by Boon Lee, on Flickr

Amphilophus Red Isletas 7-7-2016 (1 of 3) by Boon Lee, on Flickr

Reactions: Cichlasomasteve

cich78

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
new york
I have no more midas ... definitely miss them... I keep primarily parachromis species now... all of us know you can't go wrong with an amph if you want an impressive outgoing fish ... I don't blame you for keeping him alone so that he stays in perfect condition... I remember you had an orange Midas that was built thick like that ....was one of my favorites to look at.....

Mad About Cichlids

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2004
Twin Cities, MN
I have no more midas ... definitely miss them... I keep primarily parachromis species now... all of us know you can't go wrong with an amph if you want an impressive outgoing fish ... I don't blame you for keeping him alone so that he stays in perfect condition... I remember you had an orange Midas that was built thick like that ....was one of my favorites to look at.....
Cool, can't go wrong with parachromis species either.

Definitely one of the thicker Midas I've kept. As with most of my fishes I never bred him due to not wanting to damage his fins.
Midas 1-20-2010-1 by Boon Lee, on Flickr

Reactions: Alexxxxsv14

cich78

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
new york
yeah that was my favorite of yours!....

Here is my last one maybe a year before he died...was over 14.5 inches...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store