An Update and Question about My Erythrinus Erythrinus

bettapatua

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2020
Hi everyone. I'm from Indonesia. First, i'm sorry about my bad english.

So i bought this little monster about 4 months ago, around February. I put in in a quarantine 10 gallons tank. That time, he was only 3 inches. Meanwhile, i set up a new 29 gallon tank, with some of his natural habitat (i took the inspiration from internet). To control the tank esp the algae, i put around 10 Red Cherry Shrimps. I cycle the tank, and 2 weeks ago the tank was ready.

For my Ery (his name is Eryu, i give it to him) in the first time i give him feeder fish like the seller told me. But i saw then that he actually got sick from the parasites they brought. I change to earthworms (its pretty easy to get buy earthworms in my country) and he likes it. Slowly, i introduce him to Hikari Carnivore Pellets. Thank God, he likes it very much. Since then, i only give him those pellets.

I moved him to new tank, and once again Thank God, he don't do nothing to my Red Cherry Shrimps. He don't eat them! He still eats pellets, and the shrimps still take care of algae and another garbage in the tank. Oh by the way Eryu is around 6 inches now.

Now the question is, i really like to see some schooling of Neon Black Tetras with him, so should i try it? Should i try to put little fishes with Eryu? I tought maybe his aggresivity decrease by time because he likes the pellets?

Thank you for your all opinions everyone.

IMG_20200525_060229_HDR.jpgIMG_20200525_055050_HDR.jpgIMG_20200525_060229_HDR.jpgIMG_20200525_060649_HDR.jpgIMG_20200524_225557_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200525_055847_HDR.jpg

Attachments

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Most schooling fish will get eaten. Even the shrimp will eventually start disappearing. Had black skirt tetras with my old red wolf. Did well for awhile. Kept feeding every other day. Water changes were mandatory.

bettapatua

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2020
I would tend towards danios or white clouds as a fast moving surface afternative. Is the species nocturnal? I can't imagine him not eating the black neons if he was eating feeder goldfish, but then I'd expect him to eat the shrimp too. ?
I think he's more opportunist about activities. Whenever he want to swim around, he'll do it. Not really a nocturnal.
I got your point of having fast swimmers. Thank a lot for the opinions.

bettapatua

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2020
Most schooling fish will get eaten. Even the shrimp will eventually start disappearing. Had black skirt tetras with my old red wolf. Did well for awhile. Kept feeding every other day. Water changes were mandatory.
It must be so interesting to have predator swim around with their prey.. just like in their natural habitat. I feeding him 2 or 3 times a day, with few pellets. Water changes every week (i use EI method for the plants) and use catappa leaves litter. Thank you so much for the opinion. I'll thinking again and again about the tetras.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store