And just like that.. Im overstocked

mattison187

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2007
vermont
so im at a friends house today, looking in his mbuna tank and i see this guy hiding in a plant all beat up. Long story short, after talking to him and explaining that it wont last in there, i now have two O in a 110g tank. Oh well, i guess it will be time to upgrade here soon.
Here he is, no more then 20 min in the tank and hes chowing down nls.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg

jeaninel

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2014
california
Cute little guy! Looks like those mbuna nipped his fins up pretty good. Should heal up good with some clean water. Has the other Oscar accepted him pretty well?

mattison187

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2007
vermont
Cute little guy! Looks like those mbuna nipped his fins up pretty good. Should heal up good with some clean water. Has the other Oscar accepted him pretty well?
Yea they were doing well together. The little O is already gone, as of about 10pm last night. My brother had an empty 75, so i sent him with some media and the little O. I was more worried about the female frontosa that is temporarily in the tank with my O. Its my wifes fish, and i have been slacking to set up her 90g since we moved into our new house.

mattison187

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2007
vermont
Most (all?) 110s are basically tall 75s, so you have a while. Please advise your friend that those fish were a poor mix.
Yea its basically a 90gal with an extra 6" high. Yea, trust me i informed him. The mbuna he has are all adults too. Its a tank i recently got rid of due to just wanting a change. All the fish are 5+ years old then their offspring. My avatar is actually the top dog in that tank still

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store