Angel fighting or fin rot?

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Quick few questions for ya. Have ya noticed any sort of pairing behaviour in any of the angels? Is there 2 that always seem to stay together? Also how does the bichir seem to act around the angels? Does it ever show any sort of aggressive behavior towards them? Also is there any other fish or critters beside the the angels, bichir and guppies?

Saraicy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2021
Quick few questions for ya. Have ya noticed any sort of pairing behaviour in any of the angels? Is there 2 that always seem to stay together? Also how does the bichir seem to act around the angels? Does it ever show any sort of aggressive behavior towards them? Also is there any other fish or critters beside the the angels, bichir and guppies?
No pairing behavior. The bichir yes sometimes, but only at night, but it seems like a norm whenever the buchir goes, all the fish will avoid and swim else where. No more other fishes, my tank are solely angelfish x3 and bichir x1. Those guppies are meant to be food.

Saraicy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2021
Anyway guy, i just realised this a few days after.
am wondering if this is another cause of fighting, wounded, then infection?
The fins for other angels grew back! Pretty fast re growth i wound say.81F2206E-5B7F-4C55-9B6A-10FFDCC9D59F.jpeg5FA61695-D7ED-4EAE-964C-9C5957759DF2.jpeg

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Anyway guy, i just realised this a few days after.
am wondering if this is another cause of fighting, wounded, then infection?
The fins for other angels grew back! Pretty fast re growth i wound say.View attachment 1478371View attachment 1478372
That angel looks like it got grabbed by the bichir at some point. That's an awfully big bit mark on it's underbelly. Also in my experiences with angels I've never seen one cause that type of damage to another angel. Sure I've seen shredded fins and descaled sides before but never a true bite mark like that one has. I think your bichir maybe taking passes at your angels since they tend to move slower then a guppy will. I would try target feeding the bichir specifically to see if ya can get that behavior to stop, either that or ya may have to re-home somebody/s.

Saraicy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2021
Will that wound heal itself? I’m planning to do so. No spare tank currently, the other tank have guppies in it under quarantine and breading is happening not sure why. Planned to put in melafix but read that it will create oily surface, which makes me hesitate.

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Will that wound heal itself? I’m planning to do so. No spare tank currently, the other tank have guppies in it under quarantine and breading is happening not sure why. Planned to put in melafix but read that it will create oily surface, which makes me hesitate.
You can get a black storage tough tote for ~$13 (~27 gallons). Don't bother with melafix for that wound.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store