Another arowana question

Cyclop3000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
Quebec, Canada
Ok guys, had my arowana for a few days now, and he is eating well. Moving well, a little nervous...when my kids run by the tank he kinda dart and sometimes jump. Besides that everything cool.

I was wondering...you know that line they have on their sides...it's kinda getting black these days, and this morning some parts of the line are black some other parts are silver. Don't know if this means anything just wanted to make sure. What you guys think? Can this be a sign of something?

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
got any pics to show what you mean

Cyclop3000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
Quebec, Canada
Well, when I take a picture it does not show, but at least here is the "line" I am talking about. So on mine it's kinda darker line in some spots...not much, just wondering if it's normal...

1.jpg

Cyclop3000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
Quebec, Canada
ok i was able to take a very poor quality picture, but i think you will see what i mean...I circled the area that is pale, most of the rest of the "line" is darker...almost black. I don't remember this line being black yesterday...

2.jpg

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
If he is eating and acting ok i wouldnt worry too much about it, just keep an eye on it and see what happens

Cyclop3000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
Quebec, Canada
Acting fine, and eating like a pig...hehe. Just ate 2 crickets and a feeder. Gee she was shy for a day now it's all over :D

Capo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2005
Adelaide, Australia
Yeah i dont think the colour means too much, as long as he is acting the same as usual.
Is his lateral line different colours at different times of the day? or at feeding etc?
Cool first pic BTW ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store