Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

Any experience with Lifeguard Aquatics commercial filters?

Discussion in 'Setup and Filtration' started by Chicxulub, Oct 12, 2017 at 9:33 AM.

1. Chicxulub

Chicxulub Administrator
      Staff Member

Rob Finnick
      Today at 10:39 AM
      I've been talking to Glass Cages recently, and they offer package deals with Lifeguard Aquatics filtration setups for their large tanks. The products seem good, and I'm a fan of warrantied products.

Has anyone used them? Thoughts? I'm considering a package deal instead of piecing together a sump system.

http://www.lifegardaquatics.com

2. kendragon

kendragon MFK Members

Yesterday at 8:49 PM
      They have been around for a long time. This tells you that they stand behind their product.
      Pacu mom runs some of their product. I had two of their pumps when I had cichlas years ago. I still have the pumps but in storage somewhere.

Chicxulub likes this.
    3. Chicxulub

Chicxulub Administrator
      Staff Member

Rob Finnick
      Today at 10:39 AM
      Thanks Ken!

4. pacu mom

pacu mom MFK Members

Today at 11:31 AM
      I have their 40 W UV sterilizer. Like it well enough that I bought two 120W UV sterilizers for the big system which is not set up yet. (It's just three 40W UV sterilizers set up in tandem) Their modular system is good for up to 100 gallon tanks. The mechanical filter modules sound interesting, but I really like RTL filters for mechanical filtration, so did not consider them.

Two things to keep in mind: notice the height of some of the filters/sterilizers. My 40W UV sterilizer is 37" tall...not something you would want to place upright under a stand. I don't know if they can be set up to lie down, but even if they could, it would be extremely awkward. They recommend replacing the protective sleeve when replacing the UV sterilizer bulb. You could pay nearly the cost of a new UV sterilizer when replacing the bulb and sleeve and ballast should you accidentally break it. I don't mind spending the money for a safer environment for my fish, so the cost does not bother me.

My experience is limited to just one of their products, but based on that, I would think that their other products are sound also.

Drstrangelove likes this.