Any Smallish Size Tropical Channas?

Oompaloompa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2019
hi! I'm thinking of getting a dwarf channa (anything with a max size of 15-30cm is great) but my water temperature usually stays around 26-28C and I don't want that to negatively impact the health of the fish!! Are there any species besides Orientalis that will stay under 30cm and be okay in tropical temps long term?

Krismo962

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2020
my house!!
Some Channa gachua are tropical,if the specimen is WC you can ask the seller for the collecting poing most gachuas come from tropical countrys so a cool period isn't needed.My channa kelaartii (subspecies of gachua)is from Srilanka where the temperature is about 25-28*celcius) year round.Channa punctata is also found in Sri Lanka.

Krismo962

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2020
my house!!
Some Channa gachua are tropical,if the specimen is WC you can ask the seller for the collecting poing most gachuas come from tropical countrys so a cool period isn't needed.My channa kelaartii (subspecies of gachua)is from Srilanka where the temperature is about 25-28*celcius) year round.Channa punctata is also found in Sri Lanka.
Damn you auto correct! lol

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
Parachanna Obscura. Depends what tank mates you are thinking of too.
meant to reach 16” but never come across any over 12” yet. Ideal fish for warmer temps and whilst colouration is not fantastic they do have some colour when breeding.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store