Any sorubimichthys planiceps in the uk?

jordancch

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2009
( uk )
would like to see some pics and vids of it at that size and info on age and how fast they grow , my plan is to start on my tropical pond this year which will be 12'x 6'x 3' L x W x H.

Reactions: Fishman Dave

dazzapolypterusweeksii

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
leicester,uk
would like to see some pics and vids of it at that size and info on age and how fast they grow , my plan is to start on my tropical pond this year which will be 12'x 6'x 3' L x W x H.
Im looking after it for him at min i will ask if ok to share a vid. Nice looking cats but i hate the bloody thing its super aggressive. Never was for him he said tho.

dazzapolypterusweeksii

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
leicester,uk
I did seperate him after he had done some damage but had to let him back out again with others as had to use the space for others.problem with one tank and only one tempoary sectioned of part.

So always had full space to roam bar week or 2.cant say all of them are aggressive and again josh was suprised to hear when i told him as when in his pond he was well behaved

Reactions: Fishman Dave

Rpul

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2016
He came from kent, living world aquatics around two and half years back at 3” is the last surviving of the original 3 brought in, a mate brought two and lost them, another mate had this one. Then sold him to me when he got larger.
Actual photo of him in the shop.

As far as I’m aware. This is the only one in the uk that I’ve seen or know of.

15AC95A7-36B6-4243-AC7F-39A90303CC81.jpeg

Grow wise. It went from 3”- roughly 38” in 18 months. Very quick growers, never seen anything grow as fast. Was always kept in large amounts of water. In a 8x4x4 then to a 10x5x3 then to Dazs tank. So it’s had full potential to grow. You have to watch the snout on them whilst smaller. Or they can bend hideously. I know a chap in Sweden who has one with a bent snout.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store