Any top level fish to go with bichers?

LTL

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2005
Singapore
Hi,

I have got a 5-6" delhezi which I would be shifting into a 3 feet tank. Any good recommendations for top level fishs to go with it? ... kinda boring to just have a baby bicher at the bottom...

Aros or gars looks good but might outgrow the tank pretty soon... or perhaps I should just get some feeder guppies to liven up the tank...

Coolios ;)

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
African butterfly (Pantadon bucholzi) might work -Anne

clare

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2005
Grimsby, England
Most of our upper jaw polys have hujeta gars as tankmates,butterfly fish definitely do work as they are in one of other poly tanks for last 2 years,dont mix butterflies with hujetas though.

Jesse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
Ctenolucius hujeta and Pantodon bucholzi are both good suggestions. Apollo sharks (Luciosoma setigerum) would also work w/ your senegals. They max out at 8-10 inches. Any of the midsized gouramis of the genus Trichogaster, such as pearl gourami (T. leeri), or blue/opaline/gold gourami (T. trichopterus), should work as well.

LTL

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2005
Singapore
Butterfly fish sounds great...

Went to check up on them and they seems like perfect tankmates for my delhezi...

Most of the forums caution butterfly fish against fin nippers but doesn't bichers nip fins? They often 'creep' up on other fishes, smell around, and do nip fins if they feel like to... lol... don't want the Butterfly to end up like a caterpillar.. :p

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
Some do some don't it really trial and error-Anne

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
You could look into these also for top dwellers
Ctenopoma .acutirostre-Ctenopoma .acutirostre
Ctenopoma oxyrhynchus-Ctenopoma oxyrhynchus
Ctenopoma kingsleyae-Ctenopoma kingsleyae

clare

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2005
Grimsby, England
Our butterflies have always been in with polys,mainly senegalus and delhezi and they have never had fins or trailers nipped.(over 2 years now)

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Active all level fish like congo tetras maybe?

Freshy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
SEA
guppy said:
Active all level fish like congo tetras maybe?
i will get eaten by the bichir..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store