Anybody keep lemon sharks privately?

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
I know a few people keep sharks as is, especially the big boys. But, I'm just curious if anyone has any experience, even public aquariums tend to shy away from them.

Reactions: tlindsey

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Z zoo diver hasn't been on in a year or so but he might see this if he comes back. Now he is the guy you want to talk to when it comes to sharks, shame he isn't active.

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
Z zoo diver hasn't been on in a year or so but he might see this if he comes back. Now he is the guy you want to talk to when it comes to sharks, shame he isn't active.
Thanks I remember him and turbo253 turbo253

Reactions: tlindsey

sharkdealer

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2005
los angeles
I know a few people keep sharks as is, especially the big boys. But, I'm just curious if anyone has any experience, even public aquariums tend to shy away from them.
I don't currently have any lemons, but I've had many in the past. They're very hardy sharks, but also very aggressive. They also grow quite large, so you'll need either a very large aquarium/pool or a plan for a public aquarium to take it when it outgrows your system. Also be ready to clear them of fish lice upon arrival. A 10 minute freshwater dip works well. They will eat rays and other smaller sharks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store