Anyone else have a 'peaceful' fish that is really aggressive?

Dovii kid

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2006
Connecticut
I’ve never had any luck with Firemouths. Have always been told they are mellow in larger tanks, was never the case for me. Everyone I had has been a real prick. My last one use to bully my black wolf of similar size. It’s ashame, really like those guys

ZaRue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2018
Laguna Niguel, CA
We had 5 Blue Chromis as 'starter' fish for a new 500 gallon tank. Four months later we introduced our fish from our old tank only to have 1 of the Chromis terrorize them. He killed 3 other fish easily 5 times his size, all of which were normally much more dominant than a Chromis.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I guess that I haven't gotten a super aggressive one yet then. I had a really peaceful one, one that was too aggressive for my tastes, and the last one who still is to small to really tell how she'll turn out. All were female.

d033ie

Banned
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2010
Delaware
Balancing an adequate environment, with an array of different type fish can be tough. Some of the more experienced veteran aquarium keepers, will have a few hiccups every now and then. But can tame a storm faster then a intermediate keeper any day of the week. Tank size will play the difference as stated in these comments. There was a video on this site, of a guy who had a really huge alligator gar and aro swimming with discus. The size of these two fish, if wanted to could easily eat those discus. He have them together for some good time and the fish are healthy, also getting along together. Some fish depends on the size you get them. Some are the alpha's in a grow out tank or mistreated from the lfs or even a dealer. It's a living thing and i'm pretty sure fish have feeling in many ways humans have. Hell! i've seen guppy's get violent, now you know **** is real.

Reactions: ZaRue
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store