Anyone else keep or breed axolotls?

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Tell me more, I was just looking into these guys. The only thing that has me hesitating is keeping them cool enough. Do you use chillers?

I'd love to see more pics.

MicroQuatics MicroQuatics - those are beautiful! What would that coloration be called? I know very little about them.

Reactions: MicroQuatics

pescado209

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2017
illegal her in Cali :(.
i wanted one since I first saw them. they look awesome

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Kinda illegal here too, too warm in summer anyway. I saw some at Barcelona aquarium and they're real cool :D

MicroQuatics

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Tell me more, I was just looking into these guys. The only thing that has me hesitating is keeping them cool enough. Do you use chillers?

I'd love to see more pics.

MicroQuatics MicroQuatics - those are beautiful! What would that coloration be called? I know very little about them.

MicroQuatics

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Hello magpie magpie . Axolotls do best at 70° & below. Living in Washington, I do not use chillers. I find it easiest to keep their entire room or space below 70° instead of keeping each tank cool individually. The Axolotls pictured are some of my rare Leucistic Morphs, which I call Tuxedos; with a mix of Harlequin, Piebald & Mosaics. There's tons of photos posted on my Facebook, Instagram & Website pages. From what I understand.. I'm not able to post the links on here until I've aquired points; or something like that?

20171127_204306.jpg

PicsArt_11-28-09.58.44.jpg

20171127_215309.jpg

20171127_215627.jpg

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Beautiful! At 5 posts you should be able to put links and such up :)

Very lucky that you can do this, my tanks easily hit 80s in summer so no hope haha. These are unique and very cool

MicroQuatics

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Beautiful! At 5 posts you should be able to put links and such up :)

Very lucky that you can do this, my tanks easily hit 80s in summer so no hope haha. These are unique and very cool
Thank you Hendre Hendre . Chillers are an option if you live in a warmer climate, I myself have not tried them but know many people in the hobby who have used them with Axolotls successfully.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store