anyone intrested in buying sharks or rays? or freshwater gars or anyhtign hard to fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRngr94

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2006
Central FL
Can you catch cow-noses out in the bay? After going to Lowery Park yesterday I'm really wanting to get a few of them.

MrRngr94

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2006
Central FL
Cool. It's going to have to wait at least 7 months before I can do anything. I'm leaving to go overseas for 6 months. After that I have to build the pool for the rays. If you're still around here I'll definately send you a pm

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Nothing personal, but as someone who has collected and kept most of the animals you're offering, it's not smart. Aside from not understanding collection permitting, holding permitting, shipping laws, long term quarantine set ups (30 days minimum) and dozens of other regulations you're skipping.....there aren't more than a handful of people who can care for adult animals like you are offering to collect.

Cownose rays will take thousands of gallons. Mantas....don't even joke about it. Bulls require MASSIVE tanks. We're talking hundreds of thousands of gallons. Atlantic stingrays get over 8' across and need loads of flat swimming areas - again, multiple thousands of gallons. Much larger than any home swimming pool.

If you are going to sell, make sure the person already has an area big enough. Not "I'm going to build..." I (as well as many in my field) am sick of the general public trying to lay animals like this at my feet when they realize what they've gotten into....then get mad at my facility for not taking them in.

F

FishHeadSoup

Nothing personal, but as someone who has collected and kept most of the animals you're offering, it's not smart. Aside from not understanding collection permitting, holding permitting, shipping laws, long term quarantine set ups (30 days minimum) and dozens of other regulations you're skipping.....there aren't more than a handful of people who can care for adult animals like you are offering to collect.

Cownose rays will take thousands of gallons. Mantas....don't even joke about it. Bulls require MASSIVE tanks. We're talking hundreds of thousands of gallons. Atlantic stingrays get over 8' across and need loads of flat swimming areas - again, multiple thousands of gallons. Much larger than any home swimming pool.

If you are going to sell, make sure the person already has an area big enough. Not "I'm going to build..." I (as well as many in my field) am sick of the general public trying to lay animals like this at my feet when they realize what they've gotten into....then get mad at my facility for not taking them in.
:clap :clap :clap

meepster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2006
Boston, Massachusetts
yea, I collect atlantic ray egg sacs up here in massachusetts and I make sure that my clients have the correct size tank.

But then again, my most frequent customer is my local aquarium :p

I mostly sell them skate egg sacs for their breeding program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store