anyone keep glofish?

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
ok so my mom wants some glofish for her classroom tank. has anyone kept them? i really want some, cause they are pretty sweet. i found them for 4$ at the lfs, so whats your input. also what do you keep with them, and any advice? i hear they are really nothing like the original zebra danios. also post some pix if ya got em. thnx

Racersk

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Covington
I had some in my livingroom community tank for a while. Very active and over bread!

Some that we had showed signs of scoliosis, lol...lots of birth defects ect, but cool fish I guess, as they always seem to be moving, even at night.

Once the fancy goldfish in that tank grew up though, so I had to make room...My Bichir's thought they were tasty!

KittyKatFish100

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2009
Nowhere
My friend has some. She has them with Platy, Molly, BN pleco, Barbs and assorted snails. They sometimes chase the other fish around but don't do any harm. They're pretty neat looking fish

AL E KAT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2010
USA
I have had them for years and I ADORE them. Here are some pictures of them.

Mark13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2010
Michigan
No, and I never will, nor the fish that have been drawn on with markers (Mollies, mostly). Nor the new Glow-in-the-dark Angelfish and Cichlids. If these thing start to interbreed with the normal kinds, it will ruin them, and may get out into the original habitats of these fish due to human stupidity.

---Mark

AL E KAT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2010
USA
rgonzales;4502316; said:
GLOFISH not goldfish
LOL I read that fast didn't I, Goldfish yes Glofish no.

ar0wan

Epistemologist
MFK Member
May 4, 2007
Austin, Tx
rgonzales;4502316; said:
GLOFISH not goldfish

HAHAHAHAHA :ROFL:Fantastic.

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
i just like glofish cause they where made for scientific purposes(testing water) i am gonna buy some for the tank. ill post some pix when i buy them, might be a while.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store