Anyone keep these?

xenacanth9

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2021
1635202816845.png
This is a Nandus black tiger leaffish. Not to be confused with black tiger badis. An LFS had one some of these not long ago but I did not end up getting any. They were $15. Are these totally freshwater, or brackish like some other Nandus? How big do they get? I couldn't find a ton of info. Are they similar in care to Neovespicula depressifrons? Thank you

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
Cool fish-I kept one years ago but haven't seen them for sale in ages. At the time I also saw Nandus Andrew for sale too but never got one. I got mine onto frozen fish and it was pretty active and good feeder
They do fish in freshwater but I remember years ago there were posts/vidoes of folk having acclimated them to saltwater

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I believe K krichardson has one.
....not currently but I did have one a few years ago.They resemble datnoids so of course they would be attractive to me lol...however,as ambush feeders they don't move around very much and are hard to train onto nonlive foods.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Come to think of it, they do very much resemble datnoids. How did I not make that connection???
Yep.....years ago one shop here had some in and they labeled them as marbled datnoids. I knew better lol.

latapy10

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2019
Europe
In my opinion,a more enjoyable mini monster fish would be the leopard bushfish-Ctenopoma acutirostre.
that is the best of these types of fish.Ctenopoma acutirostre takes anything: pellets,flakes, live food,frozen food, bugs,meaty food.Very easy care....Nandus,datnoides are much problematic in water chemistry and feeding....

Reactions: tlindsey

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
that is the best of these types of fish.Ctenopoma acutirostre takes anything: pellets,flakes, live food,frozen food, bugs,meaty food.Very easy care....Nandus,datnoides are much problematic in water chemistry and feeding....
Facts.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store