Anyone know what pike this is

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
darth pike darth pike

That certainly looks like an impressive and outgoing fish. I'm curious but have no clue on pikes :)

Reactions: tlindsey

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Looks a lot like a strigata/Venezuela sp from the head/body markings, but the green and red sets it apart. Don't know what it is, but it is very very nice.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
ryansmith83 ryansmith83
mrrobxc mrrobxc

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
The teardrop under the eye, the faint black horizontal line down the middle of the fish, and the pink-red color all make me think Crenicichla sp. Atabapo 1. Sometimes they have spots on their head like this one. After growing and settling in they should turn red.

They also look like young sp. Venezuela but I’ve never seen the horizontal bar fade that much in vennies. It’s possible though, I guess.

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
If the location he was given it accurate, I would agree with Ryan. Also if that's a 20 long, then they are still small and probably haven't finished getting into their adult coloration yet. If I remember right, there is a sp. lugubris from the same area that has similar colored fins, but won't develop the red body that an Atabapo 1 will.

Reactions: tlindsey and isde02

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
The teardrop under the eye, the faint black horizontal line down the middle of the fish, and the pink-red color all make me think Crenicichla sp. Atabapo 1. Sometimes they have spots on their head like this one. After growing and settling in they should turn red.

They also look like young sp. Venezuela but I’ve never seen the horizontal bar fade that much in vennies. It’s possible though, I guess.
Ryan’s in it!

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store