Anyone know where to get a 15ft tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joefish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2005
St Charles , IL
I know plenty of acrylic companys that can build them but man talk about getting raked, i know there has to be some this or even bigger floating around for a half way decent deal. i have a 17ft wall i want to fill with 1 large tank. if anyone has any info please let me know..

thanks for the help

joe

js3fro@sbcglobal.net

Joefish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2005
St Charles , IL
this would be in my living room, so im wanting acrylic, i dont think i could handle 15ft sheets alone lol. and im not going to put a plywood tank next to my tv, as well as my wife would not allow it. if it were going in a basement i would be all for a concrete tank or plywould setup..

Joe

armac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2005
South Texas
There was a guy on Cyphos.com selling one

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
Are you gonna take down a wall or something to get it in?

Ang

I should be a Hookworm
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2005
San Diego
I dont know if you could have a tank that big that is just acrylic without building a supportive structure around it with wood and/or concrete.

:confused:

Joefish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2005
St Charles , IL
Sure ya can, i have seen 20ft acrylic tanks, dont need any supports, just a stand which i will make out of steal more then likely. ya the one on cyphos is 2x2 to small still. i wont need to take down a wall as long as one of the dem is under 32" and the wall im putting it on is strait in my front door

only difference with a larger tank is the thickenss of acylic or glass:D

Ang

I should be a Hookworm
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2005
San Diego
Wow. :)

That would be awsome.

shoefreak03

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
in my own little world
I dont know if you could have a tank that big that is just acrylic without building a supportive structure around it with wood and/or concrete.

:confused:
i've seen a custom tank when i was in AZ at a sports bar and they had an acyrlic tank with salt water fishes that was 20ft long and about 4ft wide so i think it is possible. my friends in AZ thought i was weird that i just stared at the tank the whole time while they were watching sports.:ROFL:

lolz, are yout geos breeding that much that you need a 15ft tank??? :naughty: the reason it cost alot for 15ft tank is most common acrylic sheets come 8ft long only. good luck with your search though.

Joefish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2005
St Charles , IL
i've seen a custom tank when i was in AZ at a sports bar and they had an acyrlic tank with salt water fishes that was 20ft long and about 4ft wide so i think it is possible. my friends in AZ thought i was weird that i just stared at the tank the whole time while they were watching sports.:ROFL:

lolz, are yout geos breeding that much that you need a 15ft tank??? :naughty: the reason it cost alot for 15ft tank is most common acrylic sheets come 8ft long only. good luck with your search though.

nope has nothing to do with my geo's tho i want a mix of many geophagus in it and plenty of room for my scarlets :D im trying to go with the dream SA Biotope setup, with plenty of room for all of the species i want to keep.

and yes anytime you go over 8ft its double the price for a sheet, and if your going with 10ft you may as well fo with 12 or 15ft.

every once in awile il see a rest going out of busn and there looking to unload the show tank for cheap.

im just hopeing to not have to go thru a acylic company just yet if i dont have to.

the 16 footer on cyphos is nice but still 2x2 i want larger as my 240 is 2x2 now:grinyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store