Anyone noticing an increase of turtles?

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Just today I’ve moved 2 box turtles off the road, seen an alligator snapping turtle walking across the road like be owned it, and a few poor turtles that got hit. And that’s just today, I’ve seen and moved more turtles during the past week.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Just today I’ve moved 2 box turtles off the road, seen an alligator snapping turtle walking across the road like be owned it, and a few poor turtles that got hit. And that’s just today, I’ve seen and moved more turtles during the past week.
I’m camping right now and at the moment at a pond fishing for bluegill to fillet and also carp just because they fight real good but I’ve seen maybe 7 snapping tigers in the last two days. They’re a pest for me cause all they do is sit at the bank and scare all the bluegill away

Reactions: Caveden

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
It's likely due to the year of covid where most of us stayed home. That allowed for a lot less of the wildlife to be accidentally killed by us.
Remember back when it began, we saw pics and videos of the wildlife "taking over the cities".

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
It's likely due to the year of covid where most of us stayed home. That allowed for a lot less of the wildlife to be accidentally killed by us.
Remember back when it began, we saw pics and videos of the wildlife "taking over the cities".

You have a point and that just shows us how badly humans have been treating the earth. Not everyone but most. Also since covidsbeen out I’ve noticed a significant decrease of garbage on the side of road and in local waters

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
A pond near my house used to be able to be fished at there was always turtles like we’d always catch one while fishing. But the past 3 years they banned it and the turtles have pretty much taken over. You can walk or bike by and see like 20 either snapping, red eared, musk all kinds and it’s kinda sad because it was a legendary fishing spot. But it is still pretty cool to see them all.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I found a few more today including some ran over ones that hopefully passed quickly.

Reactions: DrownedFishonFire

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Baby painted turtle in my pool and box on the lawn this past week. Been a few years since I saw any (except the occasional baby snapper in the pool).

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Which ninja turtle was that one fishhead0103666 fishhead0103666 ☺

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store