Anyone still use pistol grip baitcasters?

aussieman57

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2021
I use it a few times a week right now. Any time I’m using a Topwater lure. I have way too many rods and reels to be honest so I’m constant rotating my gear. I got a lot more use out of it last summer, when it was my frogging setup, 40lb braid 7’5 heavy rod. Only one year of use isn’t crazy but so far no issues. Only time will tell really.
That's a reasonably decent amount of use. I'm curious to see how it holds up over time. How is the drag system in the reel?

Matth05

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2022
New Jersey
That's a reasonably decent amount of use. I'm curious to see how it holds up over time. How is the drag system in the reel?
Pretty good. Comes out smooth when you need it to with. It has like 25 lbs of drag or something like that which is way more then you’ll ever need. Most of the shimanos and Daiwas have like 11-15 lbs at the most. But it is fun to just lock that thing down when your using a frog and know that it’s not budging no matter what. I’m curious to see how it holds up too.
Off topic but have you noticed that shimano and Daiwa raised their prices on most their reels by like 10 or 15 bucks. It sucks to see. Just recently got the new 150 Curado Mgl and that thing is an absolute workhorse.

Reactions: aussieman57

aussieman57

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2021
Pretty good. Comes out smooth when you need it to with. It has like 25 lbs of drag or something like that which is way more then you’ll ever need. Most of the shimanos and Daiwas have like 11-15 lbs at the most. But it is fun to just lock that thing down when your using a frog and know that it’s not budging no matter what. I’m curious to see how it holds up too.
Off topic but have you noticed that shimano and Daiwa raised their prices on most their reels by like 10 or 15 bucks. It sucks to see. Just recently got the new 150 Curado Mgl and that thing is an absolute workhorse.
Unfortunately, I think the prices on everything is going up. We need to start a bass picture thread.

Reactions: Matth05

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
To anyone following this thread who's interested, I am selling my curado:
(No it is not free)

Matth05

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2022
New Jersey
To anyone following this thread who's interested, I am selling my curado:
(No it is not free)
I think if I bought another Curado my mom would hit me in the head with it. And because it’s a Curado there might actually be head trauma lol.

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
I think if I bought another Curado my mom would hit me in the head with it. And because it’s a Curado there might actually be head trauma lol.
Never know, better price than the $260 stock price it's at now.

Matth05

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2022
New Jersey
Never know, better price than the $260 stock price it's at now.
Jokes aside I’m actually a right handed reel guy. I bet you can sell that thing in no time. They’re amazing reels to say the very least. And those stock prices are definitely getting a little ridiculous.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store