API Co2 Booster

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Good morning everyone. I pride myself on keeping live plants in my oscar/ SA tank. Sometimes I use this product. This last week my aquarium crashed. Not doing anything different other than last two changes weekly changes were about 75% water change. Also used this booster. I don't know if some untreated tap water managed to get into the sump or if this API booster killed the BB.
Been reading that the glutaraldehyde used in these type of products is really a bad chemical.
Can anybody give me some advice on this?

As far as the crashed tank, I am doing frequent water changes, using Prime and adding off the shelf BB. Sorta back to square 1 (back in November!).
Fish are fine, but a little more aggressive. I am feeding every other day but I don't think that is causing the aggression.
Staying away from the booster for now. BTW, as I say I have been using the booster off and on before and never had a problem.

Thanks!

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Wow. I see everyone is lining up to tell me about glutaraldehyde. Hello...anybody out there? Echo...echo

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Remember members having issues with this. Bad when used in large amounts and when levels are elevated.

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
Ive never had an issue with the API or Seachem product. I use metricide 14 ( pure glutaldehyde) in my planted tanks.......

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Thanks guys. I'm thinking I may have overdosed. A chance. It's weird and frustrating because I have a new tank on the way and wanted to use some of this filter media to seed it. Hopefully it will turn around. Anyway, have a good weekend!
-Dave

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store