Appropriate snakehead for 6ft tank

SBM

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
As the title suggests appropriate snakehead for 6*3*2 (l*b*h) leaning towards more solo big snakehead.

Thank you
Sabarna Bhattacharyya

Madou

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2013
Belgique
I believe that's about 250 gal?

However, that seems suitable for most of not all sneakheads.

Biggest sub-tropical would be barca, I believe those sizes are just fine for one.
Biggest trop would be micropeltes, which is much less expensive and much more readily available.

Not many people keep micros long term, it is hard to say if it would outgrow this tank, but I don't believe it would. For a safer choice, Diplogrammas are smaller micropeltes, but with much better colors (though that may be subjective ;) ).

SBM

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
Ok a diplogramma tank it will be thanks Madou.

Thank you
Sabarna Bhattacharyya

reefman

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
In front of my tanks
Channa murialius would look nice and stay smaller than micros. Just be careful larger channa won't think twice about bitting the hand that feeds it. I no from experience

SBM

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
Earlier had a channa marulius gave him away because the channa was a jumping freak whenever he was alarmed he hides stay at one spot but whenever he was calm and cool he jumped but very cool and interesting fish loved to hunt and whenever he is hungry he also jumps after having meal settled down in one corner loved the look of him though especially the eyes :) . The tank was 6ft and he was 6 inches only the tank was full of hiding spots and potted plants. Would love to own a marulius again which is less jumpy.

Thank you
Sabarna Bhattacharyya

SBM

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
Can i make that 6ft tank with 12mm glass ?

The reason I am asking this because the existing 6ft tank is housing baby aros and I will make another 6ft tank for a diplo and will a 30 inches diplo will break the glass?. Any suggestions for tank mates, I know snakeheads are kept as solo species or as a bonded pair but I have seen pics and vids of multiple diplo and/or with tankmates. And reefman and Madou thank you for all the valuable inputs.

Thank you
Sabarna Bhattacharyya

Madou

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2013
Belgique
You cannot keep tankmates with one of the biggest predatory fish kown to man once they reach maturity. They can and will eat everything, including your fingers if you're not careful. :)

SBM

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
Ok it will be solo diplo tank also does it needs to be planted or barren ?

Thank you
Sabarna Bhattacharyya

Madou

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2013
Belgique
As for all sneakheads, planted tanks do best.
Less so for tropicals, but they will still do better with a relatively well planted tank :)

SBM

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
I saw in the snakeheads gallery one person was housing 3 micro in a 5 ft tank :eek::eek::eek:
Is that possible ?? Thank you Madou for the info:)

Sabarna Bhattacharyya

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store