aquapure denitrator

YOULOOKLIKEAFISH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2005
VIRGINIA
I was 1st a little sketchy when I was thinking about purchasing a denitrator. But after months of drooling about it I forked $250 to get one. The instructions say it needs 2 to 4 weeks for you to notice any difference in your nitrates. Mine was installed for 6 months never seen any improvments. To top it off, one morning at 6am my mom runs in my room wakes me up from my 1 hour nap and yells "your tank is leaking everywhere!!" I go down stairs see that my 125g tank is half empty and the carpet is drenched in at least 60 gallons water. The room smelled like a sewage plant, so while hung over as hell I searched for my sisters old 20g set it up and tossed my fish in there, then drained my tank of all water and scooped out all 125 pounds of gravel. I then found out my tank wasn't leaking, my $250 plastic box managed to explode and drain most my water. I Moved my tank, cleaned the carpet a thousand times, refilled and dumped the fish back in I didn't get finished till 1:30pm. Lessoned learned never try to cheat the nitrate system it will rape you when you're hungover.

freeskierrocket

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2005
SouthEast, PA, USA
dude that is absolutley horrible...................skip the 250$ crap box (never heard of this contraption by the way)...............do your water changes and use "prime" it's great bro........:D

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
wow.......that sucks:(
I'll stick to water changes untill some miracle comes out haha

YOULOOKLIKEAFISH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2005
VIRGINIA