Aquascape Ecoblast not allowed on passenger airlines

hankn

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2007
Israel
www.interall.co.il
For those of you who have come to love Ecoblast to stop green algae on waterfalls, be aware that it is not allowed to be transported on passenger airlines. I had it it removed by TSA and you can follow my thread here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ame...acide-removed-suitcase-reno.html#post29989693
Best reply is from AlwaysAisle:
Active ingredient of Aquascape Ecoblast is sodium percarbonate (CAS# 15630-89-4), where IATA designates as UN 3378, class 5.1, and requires packaging group II.

UN 3378 is not allowed on passenger aircraft, cargo aircraft only. Even on transport on cargo aircraft (such as FedEx and UPS) properly trained person need to make a proper paper work and have to be packaged in proper box (not any cardboard box bought from a store cannot be used). Also proper labels indicating the content need to be placed in the package box.

It looks as it was proper for TSA to remove this item from your checked luggage, I looked up IATA air transport regulations and specially indicated UN 3378 is not allowed on passenger aircraft.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
For those of you who have come to love Ecoblast to stop green algae on waterfalls, be aware that it is not allowed to be transported on passenger airlines. I had it it removed by TSA and you can follow my thread here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ame...acide-removed-suitcase-reno.html#post29989693
Best reply is from AlwaysAisle:
Active ingredient of Aquascape Ecoblast is sodium percarbonate (CAS# 15630-89-4), where IATA designates as UN 3378, class 5.1, and requires packaging group II.

UN 3378 is not allowed on passenger aircraft, cargo aircraft only. Even on transport on cargo aircraft (such as FedEx and UPS) properly trained person need to make a proper paper work and have to be packaged in proper box (not any cardboard box bought from a store cannot be used). Also proper labels indicating the content need to be placed in the package box.

It looks as it was proper for TSA to remove this item from your checked luggage, I looked up IATA air transport regulations and specially indicated UN 3378 is not allowed on passenger aircraft.
Not to be a dick, but I can’t side with you here bro. You brought a potential dangerous and hazardous material as a carry on a plane what were you thinking? You seem very nonchalant about your actions that could’ve endangered many people.... wassup

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Only way to buy things from a lot of US businesses...
So,do you catch a plane to go and buy things from sellers? That sounds like it can get pretty expensive.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store