Aquatic plant, + collecting in Lake Gatun

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
I am interested in the killifish of the area, and the Sicydium so I will not pass up a small stream like Rio Camarone when collecting.
But beside, and even more scary than the gators, there are some pretty nasty snakes here, to be very careful of when collecting, like the fer-de-lance.
I am finding small streams a lot more interesting at the moment. What Sicydium species are you going after in that location?

Ah snakes. The legless spawn of Satan. I used to be deathly afraid of snakes, even baby non venomous snakes. Finally got over that. Think they are awesome.........on a nature documentary on TV or from afar. The fer-de-lance and other snakes with that degree of danger are the reason I keep Jack Russells as pets. These dogs earned their keep warding off snakes growing up on a farm in Africa.

Reactions: DrownedFishonFire

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I am finding small streams a lot more interesting at the moment. What Sicydium species are you going after in that location?

Ah snakes. The legless spawn of Satan. I used to be deathly afraid of snakes, even baby non venomous snakes. Finally got over that. Think they are awesome.........on a nature documentary on TV or from afar. The fer-de-lance and other snakes with that degree of danger are the reason I keep Jack Russells as pets. These dogs earned their keep warding off snakes growing up on a farm in Africa.
There are only 3 Sicydium that I'm aware of, in this part of Central America, S adelum, altum, and salvini. They are all called either Chupapiedra (stone suckers) or titi here.

Reactions: DrownedFishonFire
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store