Aquatic POTM April Discussion Topic.

paradise

Plecostomus
Original poster
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2005
Cali
Hey everyone.

Just want to Congratulate Hiro on his VERY MUCH deserved win in the Aquatic POTM March. That photo blew both me and Jay away when we were doing POTM selection. It's Quite something. And the competition was very good this month.

Title: Aulanacara Agression
Photographer: hir0 (Hiro)

Let's discuss the photos for a second. This is not JUST a thread to congratulate the winner, but to discuss the photos in the contest. Why you liked particular photos, what was it that you found interesting about them. How they measured up......

alanhill

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2004
Greater Manchester, England
Well done hir0! It's a beautifully clean photo - but I wasn't sure about the title. Is it really aggressive? By cichlid standards it looks quite mellow.

Alan

hir0

MFK Member
Oct 16, 2004
Azores, Portugal
thanks for the nice words. Hehe Alan, i didn't really know what to use as a title. He only flared up like that when he was chasing other fish so.... anyways, i really liked Ed's shot a lot - and the corydoras shot i thought was excellent.

paradise

Plecostomus
Original poster
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2005
Cali
Hiro, I was 100% positive you were going to win this month, man!!! Great job.

re: my pleco shot, this is an old one I dug up. Taken w/my old Sony 717 about 7 months or so ago. I dont even have the pleco anymore. Also it was a vertical shot on the side glass, I rotated it and it looked much better.

hir0

MFK Member
Oct 16, 2004
Azores, Portugal
heh, thanks Ed. i wasn't so sure. i just entered for participation sake. i wish i could send you a few photos and let you decide for me :)

paradise

Plecostomus
Original poster
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2005
Cali
hir0 said:
heh, thanks Ed. i wasn't so sure. i just entered for participation sake. i wish i could send you a few photos and let you decide for me :)
you can :)

Members are allowed to send more than one photo. Only one entry PER month, but we keep all the unused photos for future use.

RazorBlade

Feeder Fish
Mar 16, 2004
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
www.geocities.com
Congrats hir0! A well-deserved winner. ^_^

Comments? Well, since we're at it:

1. Beautiful Peacock, beautiful pose, proper-lit background (well, I like it!). :)
2. Slightly smaller aperture to get the tail in focus
3. Fish eye details - due to the overhead flash, there is some 'reflection' and 'light' in the eye. Probably some cloning needed (man, it's gonna be some heck of a cloning job).

Once again, congrats! :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store