Aquatic POTM May Discussion thread (new)

paradise

Plecostomus
Original poster
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2005
Cali
Congrats to Tobi on winning the May POTM for Aquatic Photography with this image:

Let's discuss the Contest in general, the winner, the runner ups, and everything else.

t_chelle16

Feeder Fish
Mar 14, 2005
usa
Andreas Werth said:
Congratulations Tobi!
Interesting photo and species, well done.
I have seen your Triops thread as well. Did you arrange a photo tank for the winner shot?

Thanks. :) And nope, nothing special done to the tank for the shot. It's a pretty simple tank to begin with; just 5 gallons, sand and a black background. No decorations. I put the flash above the tank and started snapping away. I still need to put together that video to show just how crazy these guys are when they swim. It took quite a few shots to get some decent ones.

-Chelle

Schnauzer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2005
Maine
Congratulations on the win.
That a good shot of a really different and interesting creature.

RazorBlade

Feeder Fish
Mar 16, 2004
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
www.geocities.com
Definitely a worthy winner of the May Aquatic POTM. Even though the subject was 'swimming away', the unique subject gave it the extra edge IMHO.

MrTree's shot was neat, but the fish in the background didn't do it for me.

I liked AlanHill's close-up - nice shot of some lovely details. Too bad it was an 'all-green' shot (except for the slight blue in the fish's eye), but from an artistic point it was a neat shot!

Damien's shot was neat as well - I liked the composition. Only thing is, there was a bit of softness in the shot. The pose was neat nonetheless!

P.S. I got last place! :(

Shaun

Feeder Fish
Dec 28, 2005
indiana
they are amazing

paradise;52326; said:
Congrats to Tobi on winning the May POTM for Aquatic Photography with this image:

Let's discuss the Contest in general, the winner, the runner ups, and everything else.
I love these triops! i want some, where can i get them?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store