Are my bass acting normal ?

Flowerbass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2019
I've had them for about 6 months now and since day 1 they seem to always be lined up in the middle of the tank . They don't seem to swim much , they all basically copy each other . If one acts up they all do . The water is all good and they always eat with no problem . Also any advice on making the color pop? Still working on pellets but they are on blood worms and occasionally live feeders since they never eat many bloodworms . Any advice ?
IMG_20190112_152036792.jpg

richyrich

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
uk
Try your hardest to get them on pellet I would suggest, it’s easier for you, pellet contain all the goodness they need and colour enhancers ( but time/size is what will really make them colour up ).
They can be stubborn when use to certain foods ( especially feeders ) but can go quite some time without food.
Personally I use carnivore pellets, and feed frozen shrimp, muscle, fish pieces for a varied diet.
Treating them with some live worm,shrimp,fish.
I assume the bloodworm they eat is the hole cube when floating so I would use floating pellets as they’re use to seeing surface food.

richyrich

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
uk
My bass are often in a group or lined up, they do swim around occasionally but don’t forget they sit and wait for prey in the wild camouflaged to the surroundings it’s natural.
But mine do have battles for hierarchy, and go mental when I come near the tank with food wagging their tails like a dog.

TheWolfman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long island, NY
richyrich richyrich gave you some solid advice get them off the feeders. If you don’t already have one add a powerhead along the front of the tank running longways and you fish will love you for it. They will swim in the current and be more active. It will also make them more interested in the food you drop in the tank, they will chase it and hit whatever falls in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store