Are these fish ok?

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
I buyed or u can say rescued 2 Texas cichlids from a shop they were in a 20 gal
With 20 flowerhorns and other Texas all were juveniles I could see some dead at bottom with no eyes most I could buy according to a free 60 gal tank at my home was 2 so I bought them
The are pretty happy now but 1 is being bullied bu other and both are shaking heads violently and I could also see some vomiting
Do I need to treat them?

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
The shaking is part of either a dominance ritual, or spawning ritual.
I expect a dominance test at that size, but you never know. As adults 10"or more inches is not out of expectation.
If by vomiting you mean spitting substrate, or even food that could also be part of cichlid ritual, and a normal part of Herichthys (or many NW cichlids) behaviour.
When growing out cichlids, its almost always better to get 6 or more to spread out aggression.
If you really don't know what you are treating for, using meds at random, can be detrimental.
A little salt could help if they show signs of injury, 3 lbs per 100 gallons is what I use, these Herichthys species often tolerate seasonal brackish conditions.
Below Herichthys carpintus "Laguna Chairel" when young (male center).
1623846437485.png
The male from above center, as a full grown adult 10-12", took about 2 years.
As an adult a 6 ft tank should be considered minimum.
1623846567887.png

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
The shaking is part of either a dominance ritual, or spawning ritual.
I expect a dominance test at that size, but you never know. As adults 10"or more inches is not out of expectation.
If by vomiting you mean spitting substrate, or even food that could also be part of cichlid ritual, and a normal part of Herichthys (or many NW cichlids) behaviour.
When growing out cichlids, its almost always better to get 6 or more to spread out aggression.
If you really don't know what you are treating for, using meds at random, can be detrimental.
A little salt could help if they show signs of injury, 3 lbs per 100 gallons is what I use, these Herichthys species often tolerate seasonal brackish conditions.
Below Herichthys carpintus "Laguna Chairel" when young (male center).
View attachment 1463793
The male from above center, as a full grown adult 10-12", took about 2 years.
As an adult a 6 ft tank should be considered minimum.
View attachment 1463794
Thank you dude you always help

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store